Manufacturing and Process Improvement InternTownship of West Chester, Ohio Apply Now
Manufacturing and Process Improvement Intern
Manufacturing/Process Improvement Intern
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
As a manufacturing/process improvement intern with Panera Breads Fresh Dough Manufacturing Facility in West Chester, OH, you will work in a hands-on capacity with our production and distribution teams leading projects to improve our processes. Our facilities create the bread, roll, and bagel dough that is delivered daily to our bakery-cafes. Some of the primary duties, projects, and assignments will include:
- Leading set-up and installation of a new bagel chunker machine and redesign of the optimal process flow of the line.
- Determining areas within the facility where 5S would be beneficial to improving production/process flow and helping to implement 5S in such areas.
- Leading and implementing other continuous improvement projects and process redesign within the facility, both on the production and distribution side.
- Assist in improving workflow of QCP and Food Safety documentation.
- Assist the production manager and distribution manager with other projects and tasks as needed.
- Currently pursuing bachelors or masters degree in: Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, or related Engineering field.
- Willingness and ability to resolve problems and jump right in to help.
- Positive and professional communication and customer service skills.
- Competent in computer knowledge accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or off shift hours.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Location: Panera Cincinnati Fresh Dough Facility (FDF).
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. Its a passion we take seriously.
External Reference Code JR0016637 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC