VP, ManufacturingSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
****Washington DC; Ontario, CA; Atlanta, GA are preferred locations but outside of those is NOT a dealbreaker****
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread, and our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities (FDF) every day. Our 20 FDFs across the country produce the raw dough daily for all of the fresh bread and bagels sold in our 2,100+ Panera bakery-cafes. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief International & Global Supply Chain Officer, the Vice President, Manufacturing oversees the manufacturing of our products and maintains the quality standards of our manufacturing facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate broad leadership responsibilities: This role oversees the entirety of FDF operations, distribution, sanitation, production, product quality, regulatory compliance, product efficiency, and cost control while managing performance and results system-wide.
- Set the standard: This role has overall responsibility for manufacturing safety, culture, quality and service, environmental compliance, and P&L responsibility for all of our FDF locations.
- Drive our culture: Paneras cultural values are what makes our company different from the others. It is critical that the VP, Manufacturing is responsible for building a culture of operational excellence and Panera warmth that leads to high quality dough products, high associate engagement, and successful financial results.
- Be a change leader: Panera is growing as a company and needs a leader who will strategically guide our manufacturing facilities and processes through multiple change initiatives. The VP, Manufacturing will utilize strong decision-making skills and flexibility in order to drive operational initiatives and process improvement activities.
- Demonstrated success in providing change management leadership during growth and business transformation.
- Proven ability to develop high-performing teams through mentoring, collaboration, and accountability to rigorous standards while sustaining high engagement and positive energy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Spanish speaking and writing skills are preferred, but not required.
- Exhibited passion for embracing the Panera vision and values.
- Able to travel domestically up to 75%.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Food Science & Technology, Business, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Operations Management (or related field) and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 10+ years of food manufacturing and operations experience with regional and/or national responsibility for multiple locations.
- Knowledge of dough and bread production is a plus
- Demonstrated prior experience in large scale multi plant production, engineering, lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, contractor management, planning, scheduling, quality, continuous improvement methods and project management is required
- Greenfield plant start up, transitioning and remodeling plants for food safety and sanitary design is required
- Proven knowledge of GMPs, FSMA, OSHA regulations, QCPs and DOT guidelines is required
- Proven knowledge of ERP systems. Experience with ERP implementation is preferred.
- Prior demonstrated knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource development, leadership and operations management is required
Essential Physical Requirements
The work environment requires tolerance to variations in temperature, wet conditions in dishwashing area, exposure to food products, and manufacturing equipment that includes a variety of controls and mechanism
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0017222 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC