Sr. Platform Engineer (RES-08)St Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr. Platform Engineer (RES-08)
As a Senior Kafka Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and on-going support of Paneras Kafka clusters on-premise and in the cloud. Our team is responsible for managing and delivering always running platforms for Panera to design, develop and support its IT applications.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of our information strategy.
- Collaborate with IT team members to plan, design, develop, and implement applications and services utilizing event-driven processing.
- Perform installation, upgrades, capacity planning, and migrations across multiple regions for the Kafka platform.
- Implement highly available solutions to maximize platform availability during planned or unplanned outages.
- Proactively monitor and fix platform availability and performance issues.
- Resolve production issues including platform tuning, optimization and recovery.
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to platform technical problems under high pressure.
- Strong experience in designing, building, and supporting highly available, high volume, infrastructure with Apache/Confluent Kafka across regional sites.
- Preferred experience with Kafka security (SSL/SASL/ACLs), Kafka Connect, Rest Proxy, Confluent Control Center, KSQL.
- Experience in documenting and implementing best practices and optimizing Kafka, Zookeeper and JVM.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Python and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Google Cloud is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting and proactive analytical skills to ensure minimum downtime of production data platform.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills - ability to work with development teams.
- Ability to operate independently and lead the projects with minimum guidelines from management.
What Panera Offers:
- We offer a cool and colorful place to work where you are surrounded by other people who want to be here.
- You get to play hard, have fun at work and participate in our culture of helping those around you.
- Alongside the normal salary and benefits, you have access to all the free coffee and baked goods you can consume.
- The chance to join a passionate, collaborative, fast growing team.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0019003 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC