Sr. Performance Engineer (RES-09)St Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr. Performance Engineer (RES-09)
Panera, LLC is seeking a talentedSenior Performance Engineerto join the Performance Engineering team. This cross-functional team consists of a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn application code into a reliable and optimized code.
In this role, you will be a results-driven, organized and self-motivated individual with a strong desire to ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to engineering principles.
- Engage in and improve the software development lifecycle from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, optimization, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
- Practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems.
- Remediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
- Experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Microservices.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases.
- System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in APM tools like Dynatrace, NewRelic or AppDynamics.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- A passion for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
- Experience building software or maintaining systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
- Experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
What Panera Offers:
- We offer a cool and colorful place to work where you are surrounded by other people who want to be here.
- You get to play hard, have fun at work and participate in our culture of helping those around you.
- Alongside the normal salary and benefits, you have access to all the free coffee and baked goods you can consume.
- The chance to join a passionate, collaborative, fast growing team.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018991 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC