Sr Manager, SourcingSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr Manager, Sourcing
We are Panera:
We believe that good food, food you can feel good about, can bring out the best in all of us. Food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care. To us, thats good eating and thats why were here.
Panera is now searching for a Sr Manager of Sourcing to work out of our St. Louis corporate office, reporting to the Director of Sourcing. The Sr Manager of Sourcing will be directly responsible for all spend under the assigned managed category; developing, leading and actively executing the strategy for this space. Theyll analyze the managed space both from an internal requirements and external partnership perspective; executing competitive negotiations and delivering the best results for Team Panera.
Personal competencies for success include the ability to master both strategic and operational issues, the ability to dynamically handle multiple competing priorities, to navigate the Supply Chain infrastructure and possess effective collaboration skills, a positive energy and sound good judgment.
If you've got a healthy competitive streak, good problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, technical and quantitative skills, we'd like to hear from you. We'll ask you to leverage your talent and experience to contribute meaningfully to our business and culture; and we'll give you the information, tools and mentors you need to succeed.
Grow, maintain, and establish strong supplier business relationships
- Fully understand product category, usage, and cost drivers
- Develop and own the category food cost plan; monitor and maintain performance for the year
- Recognize, cultivate, and lead cost savings measures to the system and Panera LLC
- Manage and resolve product supply issues as needed
- Align with internal counterparts on category strategy and prepare for a successful execution of Sourcing Negotiations (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc) and present best case award decision
- Negotiate the lowest price based on deploying the most profitable response to our demand and considering our product specifications, quality, service levels, and industry conditions
- Work together with cross-functional partners such as QA, Operations, Culinary and Finance to provide project visibility and allow for cross-functional alignment and execution of sourcing projects
- Actively solicit supplier performance feedback from Team Panera
- Enhance supplier development by communicating Team Paneras performance standards measures, develop joint improvement initiatives (product, process, etc) as needed
- Conduct and lead regular business review sessions with our supplier partners in order to inform and align them with Paneras strategy for managed products
- Develop and ensure up-to-date management of supplier contingency plans and strategy in the event the primary supplier is unable to perform as required (quality, delivery, spec adherence, etc)
- Ensure we have supplier contracts and pricing agreements detailing costs and pricing methodology
- Work with Paneras Supply Management team in determining optimal supplier locations and delivery methods
- Coordinate the execution of new product (permanent or LTO) introductions in the Panera systemtaking into account production lead times, MOQs, and contingencies
- College degree in Business, Supply Chain, or an associated Field
- 7+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Strategic Sourcing preferred
- Foodservice (QSR/Fast Causal experience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience building internal & external relationships
- Contract negotiation and attention to detail
Additional Skills and Experience
- Creative mindset coupled with analytical skills enabling one to see the big picture and match it up with the detail
- Understanding of the Panera Culture and its vital importance in how we work together
- Ability to easily adapt to rapidly changing situations and priorities. Comfortable adjusting concepts to fit new situations.
- Financial understanding of company and department measures
- Comfortable delivering feedback to both supplier partners and internal partners while maintaining a good relationship and leading to effective results
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018214 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC