Sr Manager, Human Resources - Minneapolis, MNSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr Manager, Human Resources - Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Field Human Resources Manager
Work for the place Fast Company named the most innovative company in the food industry!
Reporting to the Director, Retail Human Resources, this multi-state, multi-unit regional generalist position is responsible for employee relations, policy interpretation, staffing, recruiting and succession planning. As a key business partner to the retail leadership team, the Sr. Field Human Resources Manager will create and/or execute human resources initiatives and be an integral part of the team.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the retail business within Panera to ensure that HR programs add value to the business.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with applying, interpreting and insuring compliance with state, local and federal employment laws.
- Consult with line managers and employees on employee relation issues and problems to ensure that employees are fairly and equitably treated, to ensure legal guidelines are followed and to create an employer-of-choice environment.
- Manage the recruiting process to insure that all cafe management positions are staffed to the appropriate levels. Work with the internal recruitment team to communicate hiring needs and collaborate with retail management to hire the highest quality candidates. Ensure that the Panera on-boarding process is followed for all new hires.
- Diagnose human resources needs and problems to recommend solutions and to deliver high quality programs that result in the organizations improved performance and retention. Identify succession planning gaps and drive a culture of development for caf managers and future market leaders. Provide guidance to leaders in the use and application of Human Resources policies and practices in recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits and administration.
- Makes recommendations on best practices, develop and drive training programs to facilitate positive employee relations and HR education among leaders.
This role works from a home office; travel is up to 50%.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, equivalent degree or equivalent related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, practices and controlling governmental agencies (e.g.EEO,ADA,FMLA,DOL,OSHA,etc)
- 5-7yearsgeneralistHuman Resources experience required in retail or the hospitality industry
- High energy, flexible, willing to travel 50%.
- Independent professional capable of forming relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Intermediate knowledge of HR disciplines (staffing, performance management, compensation/benefits/rewards and employee relations) including legal implications and requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding ability to effectively coach Multi-Unit Managers on performance management & management employee relations while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Proven ability tohandleconfidentialinformationandprovidenecessaryfollow-through.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Multi-unit, multi-state experience preferred.
In more than 2,000bakery-cafeseveryday,guestsenjoyPanerasdelicious food in a warm andwelcomingenvironment by Panera associates.It is our commitmenttobeing a BetterCompetitive AlternativethatmakesPanera Bread a leader in the FastCasualFoodsegment of the restaurantindustry.
At Panera,ourassociates' health andhappinessare a highpriority.The followingbenefits(based on eligibility)are more than just rewards - they're thanksforall you do as part of our family:
Competitive SalaryIncentive Plan PotentialCompetitiveHealth & WelfareBenefitsCompany-Matched401(k)SavingsPlan PaidVacationProductDiscountPaidHolidays
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0015315 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC