Sr. Manager, Development and Construction ProjectsSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr. Manager, Development and Construction Projects
Come join the Panera team and be part of our growing organization. We are looking for applicants that share our cultural values of respect, honesty, optimism and authenticity. The Panera team provides the same level of quality in our products as the food provided by our cafs. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Manager, Development and Construction Projects to join our team in our Support Center, located in St. Louis, MO.
- Process due diligence for new development and/or remodel projects, including scheduling and communication with consultants, tracking progress, reviewing submitted reports, providing recommended action steps and coordinating the distribution of reports.
- Manage the plan production and permitting process for new company cafes, remodels, Fresh Dough Facility projects and/or any development project that might require plans and/or permits.
- Communicate with design consultants, permit expediters, landlords, utility companies and city officials throughout due diligence, design and pre-construction phases of development projects.
- Coordinate the shop drawing review, approval and distribution process between Design, Construction, consultants and Panera Purchasing.
- Manage overall project schedules utilizing the Accruent program and/or Microsoft Project by creating and continuously updating any and all caf projects.
- Identify, manage and minimize risks associated with challenging project variables throughout entire project life-cycles.
- Monitor all Company projects for consultant compliance with plan distribution to vendors, general contractors, landlords and other applicable parties.
- Manage the distribution and tracking of all incoming and outgoing plans and specifications from Existing Conditions (EC) packages and Site Investigation Reports (SIRs) through final construction documents.
- Maintain consistent focus on assisting development teams in reducing timelines and overall project duration from initial Development Committee review (1st Pass) to intermediate review (2nd Pass) through final review (CDO) to ultimately increase team productivity.
- Schedule, produce, distribute and present intermediate review (2nd Pass) packages of new and/or remodel projects to the Senior Development team.
- Prepare and present project status reports on all applicable development projects at regularly scheduled project status meetings.
- Process the consultant, general contractor and miscellaneous vendor invoicing and payment applications.
- BS or BA in architecture or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience working in prior job-related field such as construction or development projects.
- Previous experience with permit expediting, scheduling multi-unit development or similar experience.
- Previous experience obtaining permits from cities and municipalities, initiating preliminary plans, surveying sites and preparing site reports.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and experience with Oracle applications.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player and thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment dependent on managing multiple project timelines and schedules simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism with the ability to work with little supervision, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines.
- Up to 10% travel to site locations is required.
- We offer a cool and colorful place to work where you are surrounded by other people who want to be here.
- You get to play hard, have fun at work and participate in our culture of helping those around you.
- Alongside the normal salary and benefits, you have access to all the free coffee and baked goods you can consume.
- The chance to join a passionate, collaborative, fast growing team.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018541 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC