Sr Manager, CompensationSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Sr Manager, Compensation
Directs the design, development, implementation and administration of compensation plans throughout the company. Ensures all programs are aligned with business strategies in order to attract, retain and motivate associates. Develops and implements competitive compensation programs to meet the various needs of the business units. Provides consulting, conceptual and technical support for the development, implementation and use of compensation programs, including base pay, and short-term and long-term incentive plans. Functions as a technical resource, facilitator and leader for compensation programs and administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers long-term incentive programs for professional, middle management and senior management associates intended to align total compensation with the Companys business objectives, including internal private company stock grants and stock ownership programs. Prepares board documents for the approval of LTIP grants.
- Facilitates design, implementation and effective use of incentive plans. Works with the incentive compensation team in Finance to provide analysis and support to ensure the use of incentive plans enhance business unit opportunities to meet Company objectives. Leads the incentive process to ensure accurate documentation, communication and payouts, and oversees the administration of the Partner Program.
- Directs the salary administration program, preparation of job descriptions, and market analysis to determine appropriate salary levels according to Company guidelines, market competitiveness and internal equity. Coordinates activities of outside consultants to deliver executive benchmarking to the Board of Directors.
- Supervises associates who coordinate and administer the internal private company stock programs (currently Executive Ownership Program and Long-Term Incentive Program). Acts as a liaison with outside vendors and educates associates on plan guidelines. Maintains plan summary documents.
- Analyzes company pay practices in relation to government wage & hour regulations and recommends changes as needed to ensure prevailing wage rates are adhered to. Analyzes data for compensation programs to identify trends & best practices. May assist the Compliance Team in conducting FLSA and Equal Pay analyses. Conducts surveys and studies labor market to determine salary trends.
- Leads the pay increase processes. Provides necessary tools to gather base pay increases and promotion recommendations. Analyzes and presents results to senior management for review and approval. Creates easy-to-use communications, which detail the pay raise process and provide feedback on the approved pay changes.
- Collaborates with the payroll and finance department to ensure accurate payments, accruals and reporting. Participates in and/or leads special compensation projects.
- Works to use technology to automate and make compensation administration more accurate and efficient.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration required.
- Five to seven years of job-related experience required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification and/or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and make decisions based on numerical data.
- Ability to multi-task while successfully meeting critical & competing deadlines.
- Ability to align work with overall company and department strategic goals.
- Strong analytical skills, technical PC skills, and project management skills.
- Strong communication ability, specifically to the organization, building and delivery of presentations to senior leadership, is critical.
- Ability to collaborate with others and build strong rapport & relationships with peers, senior management and external customers.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Sound knowledge of FLSA and Wage & Hour laws & regulations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, including the ability to adapt quickly to frequent change and courage to lead the team through the change, is preferred.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0015181 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC