Senior Manager of Food Safety & QualitySt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Senior Manager of Food Safety & Quality
Senior Manager of Food Safety and Quality
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
The Sr. Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance will interact with FDF Management and Associates as well as Panera’s Quality Assurance team and serve on cross-functional teams driving food safety initiatives across Panera's 19 plants.
The Sr. Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing Panera’s food safety program at the plant level, designed to ensure production and distribution of safe food products consistent with our established food policy standards. They will lead a team of five (5) Regional Food Safety Managers co-located at Panera plants across the United States.
This position has duties which include the development of food safety procedures and policies, report writing, data analysis, facility auditing, assistance in the development of process improvement plans, formal communication to both internal and external customers, provide training to FDF Management and Associates related to food quality and food safety, and interaction with regulatory agencies as needed.
- To assist our FDF's in the development, implementation, and execution of our Food Safety policies and systems in accordance with FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act), HARPC (Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Controls), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), and other appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Actively assist in the training and development of FDF Management and Associates on essential food safety guidelines and GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Monitor, review, and investigate food safety complaint data and work with local management on thorough follow up and action plans to ensure we are mitigating food safety risks.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the field on projects designed to improve our food quality, food safety and sanitation.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure we remain in compliance with all local, state, and federal (FDA) regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate and work in tandem with Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues relating to fresh dough and produce.
- Support and drive the execution of key food safety initiatives in our fresh dough manufacturing facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. in Food Science or related field
- 10 years of work related experience in food industry, bakery manufacturing and/or produce experience.
- GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) certification / experience
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, food safety controls, food defense, sanitary design, auditing, and GMP’s
- Possess and maintain technical and professional knowledge as it relates to Regulatory Compliance, FSMA, and HARPC.
- Prior Auditing experience
- Prior Recall experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Must be computer literate, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with Associates and Management at the Plant level
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to travel as much as 50% (1st year could be as much as 75%)
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern, temperature-controlled, and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. It’s a passion we take seriously.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0020129 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC