Regional Food Safety & Quality ManagerSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Regional Food Safety & Quality Manager
This position reports to the Sr. Manager Food Safety and Quality Assurance. The Regional Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager will interact directly with the FDF Management and Associates in his/her Region in order to drive our food safety initiatives, FSMA/HARPC compliance and Quality assurance, actively interacting with a cross functional team, such Sanitation, Safety, Projects, Maintenance, and Supplier QA.
The Regional Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to monitor and ensure compliance and execution of Paneras food safety programs and regulatory Agencies. This person will be an active agent on Food Safety cultural change and an advocate for the protection of our Brand.
This position has duties which include the monitoring of the execution and effectiveness of food safety procedures and policies in our FDFs, report writing, data analysis, facility auditing, assistance in the development of process improvement plans with corrective and preventive actions, provide support to FDF Management and Associates related to food quality and food safety, and interaction with regulatory agencies when audits or visits are taking place.
- To assist the region's FDFs (St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, and Cincinnati) in the compliance and execution of our Food Safety policies and systems in accordance with FSMA, HARPC, FDA, HACCP and other appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- To promote the importance and understanding of Food Safety & Quality across his/hers FDFs, that will allow to perceive Food Safety as an embedded way of working to provide our customers Food as it should be
- Monitoring customer complaints and working with the FDF to find a root cause to the issue, and supporting the FDF with the creation of Corrective and Preventive actions that will foster accountability and ownership.
- Actively assist in the training and development of FDF Management and Associates on food safety guidelines, fostering participation, accountability and engagement
- Provide technical expertise and support to the field on projects designed to improve our food quality, food safety and sanitation.
- Conduct periodic internal audits in the assigned FDFs to ensure we remain in compliance with all local, state, and federal (FDA) regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate and work in tandem with Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues relating to fresh dough and produce.
- Support and drive the execution of key food safety initiatives in our fresh dough manufacturing facilities.
- Drive Continuous Improvement across the FDFs by sharing best practices and promoting standardization.
Understanding of Sanitation, Sanitary Design, Process workflows, food defense
General knowledge of basic process improvement tools such as 5W, 5S and root cause analysis.
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- SQF certification / experience
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements for GFSI Certification
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, food safety controls, food defense, sanitary design, sanitation, internal auditing, and GMPs
- Technical and professional knowledge as it relates to Regulatory Compliance, FSMA, and HARPC.
- 3-5 years of work related experience in food industry, bakery manufacturing and/or produce experience desire
- Prior Auditing experience
- Mock recalls and/or Recalls-Withdrawals experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast pace and plant environment
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence positively with Associates and Management at the Plant level
- Self-starter with realistic and practical approach of Food Safety Execution
- Active agent on culture change, motivation, accountability, ownership and the capability of engaging others.
Ability to travel as much as 50% (1st year could be as much as 75%)
St. Louis FDF
External Reference Code JR0012831 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC