Manager, Human ResourcesSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Manager, Human Resources
Panera Bread is a specialty concept with unparalleled people and quality products offering careers as diverse as our breads. The Human Resources Manager will bring proven results as a strong HR Generalist or Employee Relations Manager with a solid business background.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations to promote positive employee relations. You will specialize in ensuring that all employee relations issues are consistently and effectively tracked and managed in accordance with company policy, federal, and state mandated regulations. At times, you will interpret data, create reports, and conduct audits.
You will also drive assurance of overall quality and service to employees through improving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics, and monitoring compliance. The types of issues you may handle include performance management coaching, employment law, policy interpretation, compliance. You will also consult with cross-functional partners to bring resolution to employees questions/concerns in a timely manner, counsel management regarding their responsibilities, produce, and run training for employees where necessary.
- Manages a team of Employee relations coordinators assuring they are trained and aligned
- Assumes lead investigative role as part of the Employee Relations team when issues are:
- Complex and/or High-Level Risk
- Disciplinary action and/or termination disputes
- Investigates and resolves harassment, abuse or mistreatment of team-members
- Investigates issues by assembling all relevant facts, interviewing case critical witnesses, reviewing similar cases, using knowledge, judgment & experience to recommend a course of action to brand leadership.
- Handles complex and emotionally charged issues with composure by addressing the situation objectively and remaining unbiased.
- Ensures company policies and practices are followed consistently and fairly and initiates policy changes with leadership when necessary based current on operation needs, legal changes, and required clarifications.
- Interprets and applies applicable labor and employment laws, regulations and standards at the federal and state level.
- Accountable for identification, prioritization, and issue resolution/escalation within established timelines. Partners with relevant Field Senior Human Resource Managers and Operations Leadership.
- Identifies risk and potential company liability and uses sound judgment in obtaining legal counsel when warranted.
- Develops realistic plans, action steps and timetables for projects and assignments
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains communication and relations with Field Senior Human Resource Managers.
- Guides management on appropriate interpretation of organizational policy and procedures in the areas of associate/management issues.
- Monitors and ensures the effective use of employee relations case management systems to report key metrics and trends to create actionable data for coaching and development.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to HR colleagues on a variety of HR topics specifically those pertaining to policy interpretation, new policies, legislative changes, employment law, etc.
- Leads complex and high-risk investigations relating to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage & hour, and other potentially high-profile cases and recommends suitable corrective action.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources (or in related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three (3) years of professional human resources experience at a manager/generalist level or above.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Experience managing and growing HR teams
- Demonstrated expert working knowledge of concepts, procedures, practices, and legislation related to HR law and workplace guidelines.
- Restaurant or other service/sales industry experience with combined company and franchise owned operations is preferred.
- Exceptional people skills, strong organizational capabilities and a master at balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion to create win-win solutions that support overall business objectives.
- Outstanding oral and written communications, with proven ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings (one-on-one meetings, small and large groups, and with individuals at all levels of the organization).
- Possesses excellent judgment, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Proven ability to become a trusted partner/advisor to leaders by collaborating, partnering and influencing decisions to achieve the best possible outcomes for the organization.
- Possesses strong project management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize responsibilities within a project ensuring that it is on-budget and on schedule.
- Thrives in a challenging work environment with ability to manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018287 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC