Manager, CommercializationSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
The Commercialization Manager is responsible for delivering supply chain, continuous improvement and new product development projects of varying complexity on time and within Panera quality standards. He or she engages the cross-functional team, working closely with the project owner to drive project execution. This person identifies risks, develops and implements contingency plans, and challenges team assumptions for clarity and alignment. This role requires a dynamic, flexible leader who is both detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Lead commercialization effort of prioritized, strategic initiatives. Ensure effective team engagement which may include establishing and managing team meetings, reviewing project workflows with the project team, facilitating creation of mitigation/contingency plans and managing communication.
- Develop and leverage strong subject matter expertise of internal and external production, supply chain distribution and café operations necessary to effectively scope projects and manage risks.
- Manage Supply Chain Blind Testing Markets through test submission, logistical coordination, in-market follow up, and data collection.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly cross-functional meetings through on-time delivery of agenda, content, and summary.
- Conduct comprehensive product reviews of new and reformulated products with key stakeholders by establishing objective(s), organizing logistics, collecting and interpreting data, and communicating collective recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with project owners regarding product requirements and project details and confirm that functionality delivered matches specification requirements.
- Participate and assist in execution of recipe and ingredient yield validations.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to deliver all relevant product renovations, standardizations and rationalizations.
- Manage database of active projects with accurate, timely updates, action items and costing information. Provide prompt and detailed follow up to cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Food Science, Chemistry, or other related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Project Management in Food/Beverage or CPG
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Engineering, Supply Chain, Research & Development, or Restaurant Operations
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); MS Project preferred
- Strong process, project, organizational and time management skills; Project Management (PMI) and/or Lean/Six-Sigma certification a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate across the organization
- Highly analytical with significant technical writing skills; Leverages evidence-based decision-making
- Knowledge of sensory evaluations preferred
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0019681 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC