Director, Field CommunicationsSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Director, Field Communications
Director, Field Communications
Panera Bread is a fast-paced constantly changing environment that embodies our concept essence and cultural values. Paneras people are as unparalleled as our quality products and we offer careers as diverse as our breads. Here you can be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Our mission is to be a better competitive alternative that offers an elevated experience, and craveable wellness, built on a culture of bread. In short we want to be the kind of place people would go out of their way to enjoy. We are all about food that is good and good for you. Panera associates care about the people, and communities, we serve as much as we care about each other.
With more than 50,000 employees located in cafes and our support centers all across the US, internal communication can be tough. It can also be an awesome, exciting challenge for the right person.
If you think that might be you, read on...
We are in the midst of rebuilding a field communications team with creative content experts and ridiculously talented strategic communicators. We need a visionary leader who can bring the right experiences and skills to inspire, instruct, inform and engage our associates.
The ideal candidate is a player-coach who can create bold content, and design communication campaigns, using multiple tactics and multiple channels. Successful candidates will need to be flexible, well organized and have exceptional executive presence. We want a special person to help us create a new strategic vision for best-in-class field communication! At Panera we get things done and we do it in a fast-paced, fun environment. Getting 50,000 people to row our boat in the same direction requires a can-do spirit.
This role reports to, and works closely with, the SVP of Learning and Communication. The new Director will be expected to work with a talented team of partners from various departments inside Panera (Marketing, HR, Operations etc.). With a high volume of internal communication coming from many sources we want to be consistent and collaborative in our voice.
Check out the day-in-the-liferesponsibilities:
- Deploy your superhuman written/verbal communication and creative branding skills.
- Act as expert consultant on messaging complex business issues and managing high impact communications situations.
- Sit on Paneras crisis team and assist in responding to threats to the Panera system and brand.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, lead cross-functional efforts, and build relationships across organization boundaries.
- Continuously evaluate and deploy the most effective communication platforms.
- Think like a behavioral economist by tapping into the right audience behaviors via methods, and messaging, that matter most to your audience.
- Continuously innovate by developing and implementing creative ways to engage the employee population.
- Exercise fluency in working on multiple, simultaneous communications programs that require both strategic thinking, as well as, high-speed tactical execution.
- Create a long-term communications strategy and plan that proactively supports Paneras vision, culture, brand and national promotions. Ensure all messaging, positioning, visuals/graphics, and digital and media platforms align with overall company strategies.
- Collaborate across the corporate Internal Communications functions to ensure communication plans are holistic, innovative, and reflect our cultural cues and norms.
- Lead a team of professionals to achieve greatness in their respective communications functions. Develop, coach and grow your teams skills so that you become a talent incubator for future generations of Panera professionals.
Heres what you should be really good at:
- Finding really creative approaches to solve communications challenges wacky, fun, serious whatever works best for the circumstance.
- Delivering the goods You have to actually move hearts and minds in a way that makes people behave differently.
- Writing executive communications; actually, all kinds of writing you should be an amazing writer.
- Multitasking like, a lot of multitasking; some previous experience as a juggler may be helpful.
- Leading and inspiring a team walk across glass for you kind of inspiring.
- Doing whats never been done before.
- Playing well with others and having fun were going to be spending a lot of time together, wed best be having a good time along the way.
- Emotional Intelligence, including outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills and including a collaborative mindset.
- Because you believe employee communication competes with all consumer media you find ways to make sure content for employees is compelling, meets them where they are at and and cuts through the noise.
Finally, heres the type of background we think you need to do this role well:
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field, required.
- 10+ years of professional experience in communications, media, or public relations.
- A demonstrated track record of using innovative communication methods to impact audience thinking and behavior, and get meaningful results.
- Youve worked in collaborative environments and get the balance between communication and other functions and how they work together to support the overall employee experience.
- Experience managing multiple communication channels well.
- Clear examples where you have dealt with facilitating difficult professional changes for others, and yourself, and see change as an opportunity.
- You have a track record of rolling up your sleeves and using your skills to get meaningful results (did we say that twice?)
- Anything else that will convince us that you take your craft seriously, you are good at what you do and you are not the enemy of fun at work.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0011867 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC