Director, ConstructionSt Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Oversee the execution of the processes associated with the budgeting, schedule management, permitting, design consultant management, bidding and construction of new company bakery-cafes, and other related construction projects. Ensure that our franchisees have the necessary project management support from Panera to fulfill their development objectives.
- The Director of Construction position is responsible for overseeing the execution of the following processes in support of new café development and/or remodels:
- Construction process for new café development and/or remodels, including budgeting, forecasting, communication with external (general contractors, landlords, permit expediters, consultants, municipalities, franchisees, etc.) and internal of Panera organization (Construction, Design, Legal, Real Estate, Purchasing, Operations, Marketing, Finance, etc.).
- Managing and delivering quality turnovers to our OPS partners
- Managing and developing Direct Reports
- Cost Management & forecasting
- Schedule management and forecasting for company and franchise new café projects
- Due diligence project assessment process..
- Identification and management of risks associated with challenging project variables throughout entire project life-cycles.
- Review of operational plans, phase one documents, CD's (permit set, construction set), and prototype changes for all new company bakery cafes.
- GC compliance verification, including financials, all requirements per the GC contract, quality of work, draw request, redlines, change order process, final cost, final documentation, generating punch list, sign off of punch list, turnover check list, test & balance, etc.
- Responsible for reassuring that all documentation is accurate in order for Panera to apply for LL allowances and credits.
- Project close-out process, including the sharing of project learning's across the broader Development team.
- Supporting our franchise partners thru overall development
- Maintain consistent focus on assisting development teams in reducing timelines and overall project duration from pre- 1st pass, initial Development Committee review (1st Pass) to intermediate review (2ndPass) through final review (CDO) to ultimately increase team productivity.
- Development and management of project budget forecasting tools for new bakery-cafes for use by construction, design, and real estate personnel, and the associated review of Pre-1st Pass budgets that take into account construction cost trends regionally and nationally.
- Drive a customer service mindset within the new café construction team, as evidence by tremendous discipline around processes for construction start notifications, project change notifications, 100% GC complete date and Operation's Turn-over, and 1-Year contractor warranty reviews.
- Management of construction team meetings in support of various objectives, including project schedule reviews, 2nd Pass intermediate project assessments, monthly project forecast reviews, and departmental goal reviews known as Wildly Important Goals (WIGs).
- Identification and execution of best practices associated with key development platforms, as follows:
- New freestanding bakery-cafes, including the due diligence process, legal requirements, real estate deal terms, design expectations, and any other key learning's needed to drive successful execution around this development platform.
- Existing spaces to be converted into bakery-cafes, including the identification of cost and schedule risks, a phased due diligence process depending on the extent of access to the space, and other key learning's.
- Bakery-café development in urban markets, including the budgeting process, management of cost risks, permit/entitlement processing, union and prevailing wage management, and other key learning's.
- Establish a leadership role in pursuit of non-traditional Panera prototype platforms and market segments.
- BS or BA in Construction Management, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years supervisory experience working in job-related field such as construction project management, Construction, working for a General Contractor/ sub-contractor, Development Company or similar fields.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and experience with Oracle applications.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
- Lead a team and thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to communicate well, and work productively with, internal and external individuals within the architectural, design, construction, real estate and local City Building and Planning communities.
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism with the ability to work with little supervision, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, highly organized, detailed oriented, ability to be self-starter, work independently and in a team environment.
Saint Louis Support Center
External Reference Code JR0019418 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC