Distribution ManagerNorcross, Georgia Apply Now
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity available for a Distribution Manager to lead our team of local delivery route drivers. This position will ensure drivers are adhering to current DOT (Department of Transportation) and CSA (Compliance, Safety, Accountability) rules, following proper vehicle maintenance and safety procedures, and are set up for success each day while keeping driver morale high and providing exceptional customer service. Our drivers deliver all of the fresh bagel, roll, and bread dough to our local cafes where they are baked every day, 7 days a week.
- Current Class A CDL with ability to cover routes as needed, highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of current DOT/CSA laws and experience guiding drivers in compliance, i.e. hours-of-service (HOS) compliance, driver fitness, unsafe driving, vehicle maintenance, controlled substances/alcohol, and crash indicator
- 3 – 5+ years in a direct management role mentoring and coaching drivers on a daily basis
- Experience with routing and driver scheduling in a daily delivery process, food industry is a plus
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment
- Experience with onboard monitoring systems such as PeopleNet or similar
- Exceptional organizations skills
- Must maintain that all 'rolling bakery' cabinets are in "good and safe" working conditions
- Ability to work early morning and overnight dispatch times, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to deliver positive customer service
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern, temperature-controlled, and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. It’s a passion we take seriously.
We offer: Competitive Salary • Award Program Potential • Competitive Health & Welfare Benefits • Company-Matched 401(k) Savings Plan • Paid Vacation • Paid Holidays • Product Discount
External Reference Code JR0019734 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC