VP, DeliveryNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
The VP Delivery acts as the General Manager of the Delivery channel and is responsible for the vision, strategy and execution for the Panera Delivery offering (3rd Party Delivery and in-house) and will be responsible for all metric performances. The VP - Delivery will build productive working relationships with multiple internal departments, Franchisees and 3rd Party providers to drive Delivery channel sales and profit growth.
We are seeking a VP-Delivery to join our team reporting into the SVP of Catering / Delivery preferably at our Boston area office (Needham, MA) but a remote working situation would be considered for the right candidate. This candidate will lead cross functional efforts engaging with multiple teams in supporting the Delivery channel (Operations, Training, IT, e-commerce, Finance and Marketing). Our ideal candidate will have restaurant / retail sales growth experience with a preferred focus on the Delivery channel or hands on management experience of a business line from a sales and operation perspective in addition to project management and team leadership.
- Responsible for the Delivery Channel vision and the strategy / execution to support the vision via direct and indirect teams.
- Manage the strategy for driving profitable growth; balancing 3rd party utilization and in-house delivery capabilities.
- Ensure the offering has the range to support multiple dayparts (breakfast, lunch, dinner), all days of the week and customer requirements (at work or at home).
- Lead 3rd Party management team in building, nurturing and marketing 3rd party partnerships. Includes identifying expansion opportunities, negotiations, implementation and on-going management.
- Act as the that channel leader working with a cross functional team of Marketing, Finance, Operations, Training and Technology teams.
- Works with insights and analytics teams to identify customer requirements and trends to drive fact-based offering evolvement.
- Work with Marketing to build a comprehensive market strategy to drive increased awareness, consideration and actions that translates to sales growth.
- Works closely with IT, e-commerce and digital teams to ensure an easy end-user experience that will drive adoption and frequency.
- Partner with Operations management to drive Delivery sales via local marketing activities, delivery processes and operational metrics. Plays a critical role in identifying new operational processes to keep Delivery operations as easy and reliable as possible.
- Restaurant industry experience preferred from a strategy, sales revenue and operations perspective or experience in managing a business line that required Sales / Marketing / Operations leadership.
- Successful experience in driving strategy development from conception to execution.
- Ideally but not required working knowledge of operations and the impact the Delivery channel has on a location.
- 1 - 3 years of working with 3rd party providers preferred.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred but not required.
- Project Management experience.
- Financial acumen with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels.
- Can challenge current thinking when needed to identify new solutions
Proficient in Microsoft Office product
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018823 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC