VP, DeliveryNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
The VP – Delivery acts as the General Manager of the Delivery channel and is responsible for the vision, strategy and execution for the Panera Delivery offering (3rd Party Delivery and in-house) and will be responsible for all metric performances. The VP - Delivery will build productive working relationships with multiple internal departments, Franchisees and 3rd Party providers to drive Delivery channel sales and profit growth.
We are seeking a VP-Delivery to join our team reporting into the SVP of Catering / Delivery preferably at our Boston area office (Needham, MA) but a remote working situation would be considered for the right candidate. This candidate will lead cross functional efforts engaging with multiple teams in supporting the Delivery channel (Operations, Training, IT, e-commerce, Finance and Marketing). Our ideal candidate will have restaurant / retail sales growth experience with a preferred focus on the Delivery channel or hands on management experience of a business line from a sales and operation perspective in addition to project management and team leadership.
- Responsible for the Delivery Channel vision and the strategy / execution to support the vision via direct and indirect teams.
- Manage the strategy for driving profitable growth; balancing 3rd party utilization and in-house delivery capabilities.
- Ensure the offering has the range to support multiple dayparts (breakfast, lunch, dinner), all days of the week and customer requirements (at work or at home).
- Lead 3rd Party management team in building, nurturing and marketing 3rd party partnerships. Includes identifying expansion opportunities, negotiations, implementation and on-going management.
- Act as the that channel leader working with a cross functional team of Marketing, Finance, Operations, Training and Technology teams.
- Works with insights and analytics teams to identify customer requirements and trends to drive fact-based offering evolvement.
- Work with Marketing to build a comprehensive market strategy to drive increased awareness, consideration and actions that translates to sales growth.
- Works closely with IT, e-commerce and digital teams to ensure an easy end-user experience that will drive adoption and frequency.
- Partner with Operations management to drive Delivery sales via local marketing activities, delivery processes and operational metrics. Plays a critical role in identifying new operational processes to keep Delivery operations as easy and reliable as possible.
- Restaurant industry experience preferred from a strategy, sales revenue and operations perspective or experience in managing a business line that required Sales / Marketing / Operations leadership.
- Successful experience in driving strategy development from conception to execution.
- Ideally but not required working knowledge of operations and the impact the Delivery channel has on a location.
- 1 - 3 years of working with 3rd party providers preferred.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred but not required.
- Project Management experience.
- Financial acumen with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels.
- Can challenge current thinking when needed to identify new solutions
Proficient in Microsoft Office product
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018823 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC