Senior Manager, UX Design (15-56)Needham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Senior Manager, UX Design (15-56)
Senior Manager, User Experience Designer
Location: Needham, MA
At Panera we believe that good food, food you can feel good about, can bring out the best in all of us. We love the role that food plays in peoples lives, and we work hard to create interactions that elevate the experience of ordering, eating, and sharing food. To us thats good eating and thats why were here. We believe in the power of digital to transform the guest experience. Were on a mission to reduce friction and increase joy for our guests at every opportunity. Were looking for a Product Designer to help us continue on this mission.
About the Team
Its not an accident that this team works in the food and restaurant industry. We are a team of designers, researchers, prototypers, animators, collaborators, bakers, cooks, and craftspeople. We are an open group who enjoy learning from one another, and sharing new things with each other whether its a new Sketch plugin, a new collaboration technique, a new brioche recipe, or a great new restaurant. We support each other, and we like working together.
You do not have to love food, but you love the creative process, and you love collaborating. As a User Experience and Product Designer, youll be part of a team thats been recognized by Fast Company as one of the most innovative in the world. The Product Designer is involved in every aspect of the design process across all our ecommerce properties: web, mobile apps, and digital experiences in retail spaces. Youll go to the field to observe users, youll brainstorm new innovations, youll craft elegant user flows and beautiful, intuitive, thoughtful interactions. You may call yourself a UX designer who can create visual designs or a visual designer who knows UX, but you are a digital craftsperson at heart.
What Youll Learn at Panera
- How to work with cross-functional teams of people that think deeply about engagement and rewards programs, customer service, menu creation, and operations.
- How digital can support customers across their entire journey, from home to restaurant and back; youll join a team increasingly focused on the entire customer experience.
- How to embrace all aspects of Product Design from core User Experience knowledge to love of visual design exploration and perfection.
- Translate consumer insight and business requirements into concepts, elegant user experience design, and visual designs;
- Rapidly visualize and iterate design concepts at appropriate levels of fidelity;
- Create pixel perfect screen designs and interactions;
- Help evolve and champion a visual and UX design system that extends across all of Paneras digital channels;
- Obsess over the little details that make experiences great, and embrace iteration;
- Collaborate with product managers, other designers,developers, and business owners, while also working independently to see a project through.
- Support more junior team members through work reviews and guidance in craft.
- 7+ years of UX and/or visual design for mobile apps and/or ecommerce platforms (including mobile apps, and desktop and mobile websites);
- A degree in visual design, interaction design or human centered design is welcome, but not required;
- Be able to show a portfolio of beautiful, intuitive and thoughtfully crafted interactions across desktop, tablet and mobile;
- Experience in user-centered design methods including user research & synthesis;
- Rapid prototyping skills and comfort with prototyping tools (including, but not limited to, whiteboards and markers, Sketch, Figma, Principle, the Adobe Suite, and/or others);
- Knowledge of design patterns across multiple platforms; working knowledge and experience with design systems is a bonus;
- Passion for all things digital, from apps, kiosks, and websites to IoT, wearables, and interactive environments;
- Driven by purpose, fueled by collaborative environments.
Candidates must share a portfolio of user experience and/or visual design work to be considered for the role.
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018680 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC