Senior Manager, Sales & Gross Profit PlanningNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Senior Manager, Sales & Gross Profit Planning
Sr. Manager, Sales & Gross Profit Planning
Panera is a specialty bakery cafe concept offering careers as diverse as our breads. Panera Bread is currently looking to hire a highly-motivated individual with strong financial, analytical and communication skills to fill the role of Sr. Manager, Sales & Gross Profit Planning. This person will be key member of Panera's Planning organization.
Panera is looking for an individual with a strong finance or financial planning background to serve as a key member of its team responsible for financial planning, forecasting and analysis efforts.
Personal competencies for success include the ability to master both strategic and operational issues, the ability to dynamically handle multiple competing priorities, outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent communication and relationship skills, a positive "can-do" attitude, good judgment, flexibility, curiosity, and knowing what you don't know.
If you've got a healthy competitive streak, good problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and quantitative skills, we'd like to hear from you. We'll ask you to leverage your talent and experience to contribute meaningfully to our business and culture; and we'll give you the information, tools and mentors you need to succeed.
- Serve as a key Financial Planning partner to a critical area of the business; perform high impact analyses of business results, identifying trends, variances and potential opportunities
- Plan and forecast financial results in support of critical strategic decision making
- Own end-to-end analytical analysis and review and collaborate broadly across the organization
- Communicate key findings to senior business leaders in monthly and ad hoc meetings
- Build accurate analytical models using a variety of data and assumptions
- Take control of and revise or drive production of associated reports and dashboards
- Bring an understanding of your area of responsibility and operations to cross-Financial Planning analyses and reviews
- Develop and recommend a company-wide approach to business performance management to strengthen decision making, provide transparency, and align the organization on key outcomes for success
- Define key metrics to track within and across business units
- Identify data sources, calculation methodologies, and control processes
- Assess current data warehousing capabilities and recommend near-term / long-term improvements that will drive greater organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitate implementation of recommended approach by partnering cross-functionally across the organization
- Assess and recommend potential options for other Key Strategic Initiatives as the need arises
- Adapt quickly to changing organizational and team priorities - be ready to quickly jump into intellectually challenging problems facing the broader organization
- An MBA and 3+ years in either a corporate finance or planning role, an accounting firm, investment banking or consulting firm or a Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills in educational and professional records
- Top tier academic credentials and performance
- Proficiency in Excel and other analytical software
- Personal commitment to excellence and appetite for success
- Great sense of judgment and the humility to ask for advice.
- An attention to detail, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and an intense drive to "get it right"
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018946 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC