Senior Analyst, Financial PlanningNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning
Panera, LLC is currently accepting applications for a
Senior Analyst – Financial Planning
Panera is a specialty bakery cafe concept offering careers as diverse as our breads. Panera is currently looking to hire a highly-motivated individual with strong financial, analytical, technical and communication skills to fill the role of Senior Analyst. This person will be part of the Planning organization.
Panera is looking for an individual with a strong interest in finance or financial planning to serve as a key member of its team responsible for planning, forecasting, and business analysis efforts.
Personal competencies for success include the ability to master both strategic and operational issues, the ability to dynamically handle multiple competing priorities, ability to navigate IT infrastructure, ability to develop financial modeling and data analysis skills, outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent communication and relationship skills, a positive "can-do" attitude, good judgment, and knowing what you don't know.
If you've got a healthy competitive streak, good problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, technical and quantitative skills, we'd like to hear from you. We'll ask you to leverage your talent and experience to contribute meaningfully to our business and culture; and we'll give you the information, tools and mentors you need to succeed.
Serve as part of the team which supports all of Panera’s key initiatives, analyzes ongoing business performance and produces financial plans and monthly, quarterly, annual and multi-year forecasts in one of the following areas:
- Business & Operations Analysis: Lead ongoing analysis of business results, focused on variance versus expectations, understanding changes in trends in both company and category performance, and identifying and elevating potential issues. Support all business analysis with accurate analytical models, using a variety of data and assumptions, and can be easily explained to executive management.
- Project Support: Serve as key member of, teams working on executing core company initiatives and analysis of Sales and Gross Profit performance, including ad hoc analysis of Sales driving initiatives, product cost, and new product tests. Provide ad hoc analytical to support to senior management.
- Forecasting: Participate in monthly and quarterly, as well as annual and multi-year financial forecasts, typically working with broader organization to understand and test key forecast assumptions and run alternate scenarios.
- Planning: Participate in annual operating and financial planning with emphasis on annual plans reflecting critical strategic initiatives.
- Incentive Compensation: Lead development, tracking, and development of compensation programs, across levels of the organization, assuring programs are executed with consistency and transparency.
- Capital Planning: Lead ongoing analysis of P&L impact and return on capital of company projects and potential acquisitions.
- 2+ years of experience in either a corporate finance or planning role, an accounting firm, investment banking or consulting
- Strong strategic, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills in educational and professional records
- Ability to understand Panera’s business model through metrics and analysis that drive to insight and action.
- Effective style of presenting solutions to senior executives and staff at varying levels across the organization.
- Proficiency in Excel and other analytical software
- Performs well under pressure within team and individual setting.
- Internal drive to finish work by deadlines (self-motivated).
- Intense attention to detail
- Able to coordinate across multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Willingness to ask for help and leverage the knowledge and experience of others to overcome tough obstacles.
- Collaborative working style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments.
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018364 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC