Head of Panera CPG Sales Strategy & PlanningNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Head of Panera CPG Sales Strategy & Planning
Paneras Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) business is part of our omni-channel growth plan, extending Paneras reach as the brand consumers trust for 100% clean, craveable food. Panera CPG is growing rapidly (20%+ CAGR) with over $200 million in annual retail sales.
Panera CPG offerings are inspired by our bakery-cafe menu and include refrigerated soups, refrigerated mac & cheese, refrigerated salad dressings, sliced breads, and coffee. Panera CPG products are sold through grocery, mass, club, and other channels in partnership with our licensed business partners.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales Strategy & Planning to own a wide spectrum of sales-related initiatives across our portfolio, supporting our internal CPG Category Leads and working closely with our licensed partners. Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage his/her retailer relationships and knowledge to collaborate with licensed partners in growing Panera distribution and sales.
- Collaborate with licensed partners to identify and prioritize growth opportunities and develop plans for successfully going after them.
- Conduct sales calls with retailers (in conjunction with licensed partners and brokers).
- Proactively pursue new distribution opportunities across categories and licensed partners.
- Develop sales presentations combining brand, category, and retailer insights.
- Provide input on pricing and trade promotion strategies and plans.
- Provide input on product assortment and planogram recommendations.
- Identify and facilitate cross-category go-to-market synergies and promotion opportunities.
- Analyze IRI data to evaluate business results and identify issues/opportunities.
- Bring sales and retailer perspective to new category launch plans.
- 10+ years related experience, including 5+ years proven success in CPG food/beverage sales management.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with major US retailers across grocery, mass, and club channels.
- Experience calling direct on retailers as well as managing sales brokers.
- Experience managing and evaluating trade promotion strategies and plans.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence and motivate.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and versatile. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where ambiguity is commonplace.
- Driven, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- A self-starter and creative problem-solver with a positive can-do attitude.
- Experience analyzing IRI or Nielsen data to develop actionable insights used in sales plans and presentations.
- Interest in developing a strong understanding of each Panera CPG category.
- Experience in one or more of Paneras existing CPG categories a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently for sales calls and meetings.
- Skilled in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), capable of creating his/her own presentations and spreadsheets.
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0017286 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC