Director, Delivery ChannelNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Director, Delivery Channel
Panera is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Director of Delivery Channel to manage Paneras 3rd Party Delivery business to the next phase of growth (Uber Eats, Grubhub, DoorDash etc). The role will drive large scale, high visibility projects across different Panera teams (IT, Operations, Finance, Category Management, Marketing). Responsible for executing the overall short and long-term strategy for the Delivery 3rd Party Delivery space. The role will define strategy by working backwards from customer pain points, set a bold vision, and craft roadmaps and detailed requirements with the long-term vision in mind. The role will own all aspects of the Delivery 3rd Party P&L and will analyze data to identify key areas to target, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, lead negotiations on Paneras behalf and once signed, help the brands onboard and grow on the platform.
The role will report into the VP of Delivery, preferably at our Boston area office (Needham, MA), but a remote working situation would be considered for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong communication skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and is comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the offering at all executive levels. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data.
- Responsible for the Delivery Channel 3rd Party partner vision and the strategy / execution to support the vision via the management of a direct and indirect team(s).
- Responsible for managing the customer experience on the 3rd Party platforms by regularly reviewing / experiencing the process and comparing it to other concepts with the drive to optimize the customer experience.
- Act as the subject matter leader working with a cross functional team of Marketing, Finance, Operations, Training and Technology teams.
- Manage the strategy for driving profitable growth
- Works with insights and analytics teams to identify customer requirements and trends to drive fact-based offering evolvement.
- Work with Marketing to build a comprehensive market strategy to drive increased awareness, consideration and actions that translates to sales growth.
- Works closely with IT and digital teams to ensure an easy end-user experience that will drive adoption and frequency.
- Manages the end to end relationship with all existing and future 3rd Party partners.
- Partner with Operations management to drive Delivery sales via delivery processes and operational metrics. Plays a critical role in identifying new operational processes to keep Delivery operations as easy and reliable as possible.
- Experiencing in managing a business line that required Sales / Marketing / Vendor relationship management.
- Category Management, Merchandising and/or Business Line Management experience preferred.
- Successful experience in driving strategy development from conception to execution that includes vendor negotiations.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Preferred working knowledge of operations and the impact the Delivery channel has on a location.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred but not required.
- Project Management experience.
- Financial acumen with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels.
- Can challenge current thinking when needed to identify new solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Minimal travel.
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0018771 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC