Director, CPG Category LeadNeedham, Massachusetts Apply Now
Director, CPG Category Lead
We are looking for a versatile Category Lead to manage one or more of Paneras CPG categories, working closely with internal team members and our licensed partners. This is an exciting general management role for someone with a CPG marketing background. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage relationship and contract with licensed partner for his/her categories.
- Collaborate closely with licensed partner and internal team members to develop annual business plans and drive successful execution across sales, distribution, marketing, and innovation.
- Deliver business results, meeting or exceeding annual growth objectives.
- Track and analyze business results. Identify and champion growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal team members and licensed partner to drive product innovation from strategy and concept evaluation through product development, package design, and launch.
- Collaborate with licensed partner to develop sales presentations combining brand, category, consumer, and retailer insights.
- Provide input on product assortment, pricing, and trade promotion strategies and plans.
- Analyze IRI data to evaluate business results and identify issues/opportunities.
- Contribute to planning and execution of Panera CPG portfolio marketing.
- MBA preferred.
- 5+ years proven success in CPG food or beverage marketing/brand management.
- Skilled leader in developing and executing plans across marketing, strategy, and innovation. Enjoys developing plans and rolling up sleeves to execute.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills.
- A self-starter and creative problem-solver with a positive can-do attitude. Must be flexible, diplomatic, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills at all levels of an organization. Agile in influencing without authority.
- Experience working closely with sales teams, including development of sales presentations.
- Experience working closely with culinary/R&D teams to develop new products.
- Experience managing and evaluating marketing agencies and vendors.
- Experience analyzing IRI/Nielsen data to develop actionable insights.
- Experience evaluating effectiveness of marketing programs and trade promotions.
- Experience leveraging consumer research to help inform direction.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where ambiguity is commonplace.
- Experience in one or more of Paneras existing CPG categories a plus.
- Skilled in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Needham Support Center
External Reference Code JR0017362 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC