Distribution SupervisorHouston, Texas Apply Now
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern, temperature-controlled, and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. Its a passion we take seriously.
We have an outstanding opportunity available for a Distribution Supervisor to help lead our team of local route delivery drivers. This position will ensure drivers are adhering to current DOT (Department of Transportation) and CSA (Compliance, Safety, Accountability) rules, following proper vehicle maintenance and safety procedures, and are set up for success each day while keeping driver morale high and providing exceptional customer service. Our drivers deliver all of the fresh bagel, roll, and bread dough to our local cafes where they are baked every day, 7 days a week.
- Current Class A CDL license
- At least 1 year of cumulative verifiable experience driving in a manual transmission tractor trailer within the past 5 years with the ability to pass a road test.
- Ability to obtain a 1 year medical card.
- Working knowledge of current DOT/CSA laws and experience guiding drivers in compliance, i.e. hours-of-service (HOS) compliance, driver fitness, unsafe driving, vehicle maintenance, controlled substances/alcohol, and crash indicator
- 3 years in a direct supervisory role mentoring and coaching drivers on a daily basis
- Experience with routing and driver scheduling in a daily delivery process, food industry is a plus
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment
- Experience with onboard monitoring systems such as PeopleNet or similar
- Exceptional organizations skills
- Ability to work early morning dispatch times, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to deliver positive customer service
We offer: Competitive Salary Award Program Potential Competitive Health & Welfare Benefits Company-Matched 401(k) Savings Plan Paid Vacation Paid Holidays Product Discount
External Reference Code JR0015115 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC