Bread Manufacturing Plant ManagerFairfield, New Jersey Apply Now
Bread Manufacturing Plant Manager
As a Plant Manager with Panera Breads Fresh Dough Manufacturing Facilities (FDF), you will be a hands on leader of our team who is responsible for producing the bread, roll, and bagel dough that is delivered daily to our bakery-cafes. This includes mentoring, developing, and coaching associates through creating a collaborative work environment while ensuring food safety, GMPs, and process controls are being followed while meeting quality standards. This position will be responsible for meeting & exceeding budgetary goals and expectations with the ability to be proactive in correcting issues and preventing problems.
At Panera Bread, we share a common set of cultural values:
- No Jerks Our relationships are based on respect and honesty
- No Shortcuts We get the tough stuff done with optimism and mastery
- Profit Provides Possibilities Profit sustains the growth of our concept and our people
We Offer: Competitive Salary Annual Incentive Bonus Competitive Health & Welfare Benefits Company-Matched 401(k) Savings Plan Employee Discounted Stock Purchase Plan Paid Vacation Paid Holidays Product Discount
- 5+ years of successful, hands on, management experience within a food manufacturing environment, preferably within the baking or related industry
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor both hourly production and salaried associates
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc.
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards such as AIB (American Institute of Baking)
- Proficient in training associates in safe work practices and following GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Knowledge of food sanitation and maintenance processes, procedures, and standards such as HACCP, Steritech, ServSafe, etc.
- Willingness and ability to resolve problems and jump right in to help
- Positive and professional communication and customer service skills
- Competent in computer knowledge accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or off shift hours
- Good Organization and Time Management Skills
As of July 1, 2016 there are 2,000 bakery-cafes in 45 states and in Ontario Canada operating under the Panera Bread, Saint Louis Bread Co. and Paradise Bakery & Caf names, delivering fresh, authentic artisan bread served in a warm environment by engaging associates. These cafes are supported by 22 Fresh Dough Manufacturing Facilities that deliver fresh dough 7 days a week 363 days per year.
New Jersey FDF
External Reference Code JR0006991 Company Name Panera, LLC