Operations ManagerFairfield, New Jersey Apply Now
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
This position is responsible for providing direct support to the FDF management team in all aspects of operations. The Operations Managers provides leadership guidance to all associates and managers while utilizing all resources to ensure gold standard operations. As a leadership role model, the Operations Manager serves as the leader in succession planning. This position reports directly to the FDF Manager/Hub Leader.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- The Operations Manager is the food safety expert verifying all company policies and procedures set forth by FSMA regulations for compliance
- Conducts all HACCP training with management and associates
- Ensures implementation and follow up of all preventive controls required by FSMA policies
- Leads the environmental monitoring program initiative
- Acts as the safety coordinator for home facility. Organizes and facilitates all safety training, audits and incident investigations
- Oversees all training plans for new associates and verifies completion
- Conducts all required internal auditing for FDF including but not limited to: QCP, self-inspection, OSHA and all safety audits, mock recalls, DOT and monthly training scorecard
- Oversees and coordinates all special projects including CapX, expansions and new initiatives
- Serves as the leader on new product roll outs to train associates and partner with the Bakery Ops teams
- Partners with Hub FDFs to maintain emergency contingency plans to provide minimal impact to daily operations
- Utilized at Hub FDFs to provide support, vacation relief, and staffing needs
- Understand and comprehend DOT regulation
- Manage transportation and logistics
- Oversee distribution department and the remote locations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of five years of related experience, and/or an equivalent amount of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous food manufacturing experience (preferably in fresh dough production/manufacturing environment); including direct supervisory experience.
- Fluent in English and/or the ability to comprehend and interpret English.
- Flexibility to work in a demanding and changing environment.
- Ability to apply and understand basic mathematics.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Word, etc.)
- Strong commitment to quality, quality processes, safety and cleanliness
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern, temperature-controlled, and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. Its a passion we take seriously.
New Jersey FDF
External Reference Code JR0015690 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC