Regional Hub ManagerBeltsville, Maryland Apply Now
Regional Hub Manager
At Panera, we believe it all starts with bread as the foundation of our business. And at Panera, the creation of our bread starts at our Fresh Dough Facilities. Our Fresh Dough Facilities, located across North America, produce and deliver the raw dough for all of our fresh breads and bagels sold in over 2,000 Panera bakery-cafes, every day. In addition to our fresh dough manufacturing, we also receive and distribute dry goods and fresh produce to all of our bakery-cafes, using our own fleet.
The Regional Hub Manager will be responsible for the Fresh Dough Facilities operations in Washington, DC, New Jersey, and Greensboro, NC. The Hub Manager will lead all locations to ensure efficient production of raw dough, maintenance and sanitation of equipment as well as oversee distribution of raw dough, produce, and dry food goods to our bakery-cafes. They will direct and coordinate the operations and efficiency strategies to ensure policies and procedures are followed and goals and standards are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Achieve or exceed annual budget goals.
- Participate in planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Implement FDF Production System to drive incremental improvement on the factory floor.
- Manage, analyze and interpret financial data, P&L, operational performance and expense management in the region.
- Drive key metrics by ensuring management creates an environment where associates are actively engaged in meeting or exceeding facility goals.
- Positively communicate and demonstrate Paneras Cultural Values.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures, DOT regulations, Food Safety standards, and all applicable laws are followed.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, vision and direction to FDF management teams.
- Work with leadership, coach, train and evaluate associates and provide developmental opportunities to increase retention of every level of FDF.
- Conduct regularly scheduled FDF visits within HUB region to ensure quality of operations, (process controls, DOT, food safety FSMA, OSHA/Safety, GMP's) are consistent and compliant with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively engage with customers; monitor, and promote continual customer contacts and communication to drive customer satisfaction. Proactively serve as the Ambassador for customers and Associates.
- Ensure proper channels of communications exist between the FDF and retail operations, baking team and/or support center (corporate) staff.
- Monitor HUB region to create and deliver an environment that is consistently safe, clean and well maintained.
- Proactively manage cost variances with solid and timely action plans; manage food and production labor to standard.
- Identify ROI opportunities and manage capital expenditures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years previous food/dough manufacturing experience including direct supervisory experience.
- Strong and proven leadership in single large facility required; multi-unit operations management experience within the food processing/manufacturing industry a plus. General DOT knowledge a plus.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment that embraced Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Knowledge and experience in sanitation, food safety, HACCP and related regulatory agencies and policies such as Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), AIB, FDA, etc.
- Possess experience and knowledge passing internal and external food audits
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing/process improvement.
Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you truly make a difference through leadership of others? Our Fresh Dough Facilities are modern, temperature-controlled, and team-oriented environments for us to take care of our customers. The Panera work culture is fun, challenging, collaborative, and provides opportunities for long-term career growth. Producing the Panera fresh dough is the cornerstone of everything we do. Its a passion we take seriously.
We Offer: Competitive Salary Annual Incentive Bonus Competitive Health & Welfare Benefits Company-Matched 401(k) Savings Plan Paid Vacation Paid Holidays Product Discount
External Reference Code JR0017938 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC