Bakery Training SpecialistAnn Arbor, Michigan Apply Now
Bakery Training Specialist
Baker Training Specialist
- Be a role model for friendly, courteous interactions with other bakers, customers, associates, and management team.
- Work well with the BMM, other BTSs, Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs), Baker Trainees, MITs and bakery-cafe management and associates.
- Foster an environment encouraging teamwork and productive training. Present & deliver training
- materials in a clear, informative & motivational manner.
- Live our Mission and teach/share our Cultural Values & Concept Essence through your actions on a daily basis.
- Maintain multiple certified training environments. Your Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs) and Baker Trainees are using current learning materials and tools that are in good working order.
- Ensure Baker Training Program is executed as designed through coaching of your Certified Baker Trainers and follow-up visits with Baker Trainees. If you need to alter the program based on the needs of a trainee establish a plan of action in collaboration with the CBT and through communication with BMM.
- Evaluate Baker Trainees using the Calibration form during Demo Bakes. Provide feedback to the Baker Trainee as well as the CBT.
- Champion the Standards! Require all bakers perform to standard
- following correct procedures. Consistently require the highest
- standards of performance.
- Work with baking team on fine-tuning baking skills & efficiencies.
- Assist with training/roll-out of new bakery products and procedures.
- Complete BMM responsibilities when BMM is not present.
- Ensure the effective use of company tools & systems: baking timeline, bakery checklist, weekly cleaning list, etc.
- Identify needs for new/revised tools and communicate to Bakery Support/Training Department.
- Practice, teach and enforce Food Safety procedures.
- Ensure the application of food cost knowledge on a daily basis: use of measurement tools, care & handling of product, etc.
- Contribute to company profitability by managing training budget.
- Teach and enforce proper maintenance of equipment and the bakery-cafe.
Bakers and CBTs look to you for knowledge, guidance and support. The ability to communicate, educate,
assess/certify skill sets, and make decisions is critical to be an effective leader.
In order to work with all Bakers and CBTs in the market, you are required to perform your duties in a
multi-unit environment. The ability to prioritize responsibilities, be organized, and execute good time
management skills are critical.
You have an expert level of knowledge and expertise you will share with Bakers and CBTs. Your
communication must be enthusiastic, clear and complete to ensure that training is effective.
Panera is a growing organization. Evolution in the menu, procedures, or the way we operate will
challenge us. You are responsible for continuous learning by training, adapting to change, and seeking
new trends and techniques in the art of Baking. You embrace change and new and better ways of
preparing the products.
You are committed to providing clear and constant communication to the
baking team, retail management, associates and customers.
Trainer of Trainers
Since you are the first to learn new bakery products and are responsible
for the successful implementation in the bakery-cafes, it is essential that
you communicate effectively so that standards will be understood, and
executed in every aspect.
Quality Assurance Manager
You will convey and enforce the standards of quality at the heart of Panera
products through effective training. Proactively assess and determine
issues and provide solutions that ensure Panera Bread is special and
remains the Bread Leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer
600874 Ann Arbor, MI - Eisenhower Parkway
External Reference Code JR0018887 Company Name 100 Panera, LLC